Soapbox Derby 2013
Rain Date 23rd March 2014
The West Auckland 10th Annual Soapbox Derby will be held on Sunday 17th March 2013.
The Soapbox Derby is a fantastic event for local children attracting huge support from our community.
5 Rotary Clubs run All American Soapbox Derby races followed by a NZ Final race. The New Zealand Champion then gets to race again in July – in the World Championship in Akron, Ohio.
Race results and photos from all races are being added to the Finals page as they become available
New schools and sponsors are always welcome.
For details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 Soapbox Derby Brochure
AASBD: We run the races under the AASBD rules. The rules, and further information, are available at: www.aasbd.org
- AASBD Rules
- Superstock Plans
- Car Safety Check Sheet
- 2013 Driver Registration Form
- 2013 Safety Brief
- 2013 Council Health & Safety Plan Health & Safety Plan
NZ Rules: We have a few local NZ Rules
last update 29/ 1/ 13 to deal with local conditions. These need to be read in conjunction with the AASBD rules.
School Start Info: New to the derby? No idea where to start?
A Guide for Schools
Food Stalls checklist
Masters Car Race: This year there will be a demonstration Masters Car Race run by the NZ AASBD Trust with the 7 Masters car here in NZ. The rules for this are here
Corporate Cars: We have two cars suitable for adults to drive. First choice goes to Principals and Sponsors. Other parents and teachers may also “have a go” if time allows
Superkids Cars: Watch this space…
Trolley Idea: Find the cars heavy to push around? Errol came up with a trolley cart idea
Newsletter #7 10th April 2013
- SBD Thank You Night
- Waitakere Race
- NZ Finals
- Video Award
Newsletter #6 19th March 2013
- Plan B:
Details for the joint race with Northcote
Newsletter #5 17th March 2013
- A report on our day – rain cancellation
- Proposed “where to from here?”
- Breakfast TV photos
Newsletter #4: 12th March 2013
- Details of TV One Breakfast Show. This is on FRIDAY
(And for those who can’t make it – don’t forget to watch it)
- In2it Street Trust will be running some amazing games on the grass area. These are FREE for kids to use!
- Sponsor updates
- Stall updates
Newsletter #3: 8th March 2013
- Westgate Prize (significant – bring your friends and families!)
- In2it Street Games
- Safety Day photos
- Derby Parking – Salvation Army for secure parking for a gold coin donation
- Race Day Timeline
- Map for pit crews, stalls etc
- Safety reminder
- Driver’s registration forms. Needed by WEDNESDAY at the latest!
- Car Stickers
- Corporate Cars
- Video Award
- Super Kid Cars
- Food stalls/carnival ideas
Newsletter #2: 4th March 2013
- Compulsory Safety Briefing – THIS THURSDAY 4pm to 6pm at the Moselle Avenue Testing Station
- Link to Driver’s Registration form – if possible can I have these on Thursday?
- SBD Workshop – We’ve put fine tuning training in the hands of our Expert. Those who have done it have come back saying they have learnt a lot!
- Practice Track
- Schools and Sponsors to date
- Corporate Cars – Who wants to drive one?
- Video Award – involve the kids
- Super Kids cars – the test run was in the weekend and it performed exceptionally well.
- Carnival Ideas – do you have any?
- Food Stalls
Newsletter #1: 13th February 2013
- Key Dates
- First Steps
- Practice Request (!!)
- First Practice Site
- Workshop info
- School sponsor & Food lists
- Carnival Ideas
Soapbox Derby Dates 2013
|Mon, Jan 28||1st term begins||Sat, Feb 02||Sun, Feb 03|
|Sat, Feb 09||Sun, Feb 10|
|Sat, Feb 16||Sun, Feb 17|
|Sat, Feb 23||Sun, Feb 24|
|Sat, Mar 02||Sun, Mar 03|
|Sat, Mar 09||Sun, Mar 10||Auckland East SBD|
|Sat, Mar 16||Sun, Mar 17||Waitakere SBD|
|Sat, Mar 23||Northcote SBD||Sun, Mar 24|
|Thu, Mar 29|
Mon, Apr 01
|Easter weekend||Sat, Mar 30||Sun, Mar 31|
|Sat, Apr 06||Whangaparaoa SBD||Sun, Apr 07||NZ SBD Finals at Whangaparaoa|
|Sat, Apr 13||Sun, Apr 14|
|Fri, Apr 19||1st term ends|
|Sat, July 27||AASBD world finals in Akron, Ohio|
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Meetings are held every Wednesday at 6pm but check our calender for our latest schedule.